Sign in to follow this  
Mixalis

Engine Labs: ATI Performance Dampers

This article came up on engine labs and thought i would post it up, doesn't have a crazy amount of info like a lot of other articles they do but still might be interesting to a few of us here. Also considering a few of the fast crossflow guys here also use this balancer if I'm not mistaken; maybe they could throw up a little info as well incase anyone needs the info in the future. Enjoy:

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/quick-tech-ati-performance-dampers/

EDIT...apologies everyone and Mixalis. I clearly mis read this post last night. Yes I was drunk.

So anyway yes only a few of us use the ATI unit and yes there are a few rules to follow.Some bore the balancer to suit the xflow as its a tight bore interferance fit balancer as sold. Other like to pre heat and install the unit.2 trains of thought here but TBH either way works fine in service regardless of what is said about it.

Cost...alot. But people need to stop basing costs on what lesser makes are worth and what it is worth to your car and needs. Fast and reliable costs money and TBH they look so stout which brings it's own level of pride and happiness over stock POS.

Serviceability...The inner may or may not need to be replaced in time but you can buy em. The rings should be replaced on bigger HP cars more often but TBH they will most likley see out most engine combo's LOL.

Set up is a case of running the car up on moderate RPM on initial start up to bed and balance the unit to suit your engine and yes you will be able to tell when it's done. I seriously (Mossy and Jase can vouch for this) can tell my car is a touch quieter and smoother @ idle with the solid flex plate and ATI balancer. It doe's make a difference to how your engine performs.

So should you get 1? If you want to go xflow fast and will give the engine a hard time absolutely. It is certainly a key in the fast xflow make up.