Panko

Can i borrow XF Rear brakes?

Hi guys, does anyone in Vic have a spare XF rear disc brake caliber i could borrow (yes just borrow) to test bolt up to the new diff.

Cheers

Not sure what you mean 100% Dean. The photo below is my XF caliber bolted to the XD bracket, i now just want to try bolting the bracket back onto the diff, with caliber and disc etc to check alignment. I just dont want to have to remove mine then have to re-bleed the brakes.

A54DE9BD-970B-43EE-8EEE-B6D346F8E8DC_zps

i haven't seen your caliper mount before if you are holding the one off the ghia,. i have ONLY seen ones that look like the one below.

the one in your pic looks like it may mount straight up to the older XD type. one below is usual XF type and bolts on behind the axel.

its almost as if you have an XD type diff with XE\XF calipers fitted which i wouldnt have thought even would fit

IMG_0281.JPG

you are 100% correct. the photo i posted is my calliper (of the Ghia) onto a XD bracket. 

I have the same bracket you posted the pic on my diff, but the photo i posted with the XD bracket is off the XD diff i got from mark. what I'm getting at is that the XF callipers  go onto the XD bracket, but what I'm trying to achieve is the ability to actually bolt the whole lot up to the XD diff with my calliper rather than the XD calliper to see if i can use my brakes on the XD diff.

the XF bracket, like you have posted, is very very similar to the XD diff, the difference is, that the XD diff essentially has all that arrangement welded to the axle tubes rather than being a removable bolt on arrangement. 

yeah it went straight on. the only thing is i need a different type of retaining spring for the other end to hold the sleeves in.