SXE357

XE Headlight repairs

Hi all, 

Im rebuilding a set of XE ESP headlights from several damaged sets, and I have to replace one of the knobs that control the angle of the reflector, Having a look at the set up which is a knob on the back of the body, connected to a long threaded rod, which screws the reflector holder in and out,  this is held in place with a washer and a rubber spacer, but there doesnt seem to be anyway of removing it without damaging it all.

Has anyone ever changed one of these over, or have any idea how to do it?

Thanks

Sorry mate dunno that one, one of my headlight reflectors flops around like a set of bull's balls so it's probably had the same treatment by the previous owner. There's a good chance that these headlamps were designed to go together once and then be forgotten.

I recon you just have to unscrew them right out. But do it evenly so you dont brake the white plastic mounts. You can buy them from rarespares if you stuff them.

I am suprised no after-market xe ghia headlights have never been made,the normal ones are plentiful ,the prices people are asking for ghia headlights is silly !