bear351c

Valve cover 'spacer plates'

Morning Ford fans, has anyone used valve cover spacer plates to raise the standard rocker covers?

I was looking at some Crane roller rockers the other day, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-302-351-CLEVELAND-ROLLER-ROCKERS-CRANE-BOLT-ON-ADJUSTABLE-52745-16-/161552893060?hash=item259d4d8484

and the ad states that you will need to change the rocker covers, as they dont fit under standard ones.

If I wanted to keep the standard "Power by Ford" Clevo ones, can you fit a 10mm spacer plate under them?

I wouldn't bother with spacer plates bear, the only times I've ever had to fit non stock rocker covers to a clevo was one with a rocker girdle, I'm yet to se a set of bolt on rollers (even adjustable roller rockers as I had a set under stock rocker covers on the customline) that don't fit under the stock rocker covers 5622f69b53f251cfbcf75612a096ca00.jpg

f5832b5a730915d96527240cd7f9ed82.jpg

But in saying that I've only used comp or yella terra rockers on a clevo

The only covers i had to modify was a set of boss style alloy covers,made by holley in the usa,many others had copys of these weiand ect,,,they had oil drippers inside the cover that needed to be ground down to fit yella terra rollers.

OK, thanks guys.  Just that the Crane advert states......" must change valve covers". My PowerByFord covers don't have drippers, so I'm guessing they'll fit if yours did Thom.

The only covers i had to modify was a set of boss style alloy covers,made by holley in the usa,many others had copys of these weiand ect,,,they had oil drippers inside the cover that needed to be ground down to fit yella terra rollers.

Yeah, I know the ones. Thanks for input.