RAWDEAL

Ordering front coil Springs for my XB

I have noticed the last few times i have driven my car that the left hand front spring has shit itself (maybe the shock to)

the car sits like an inch or so lower on the left, maybe more lol.

I want to order a set of springs for the front but king dont have a part number for the xb?

i thought the xd-e-f were the same is this true?

Are you sure it's the front springs, if one of the rear springs has sagged (especially being leaf springs) it will make a more noticeable difference than the front springs to check jack the front or rear up separately and see if the car goes level

Are you sure it's the front springs, if one of the rear springs has sagged (especially being leaf springs) it will make a more noticeable difference than the front springs to check jack the front or rear up separately and see if the car goes level

yeah if you push down on the front left it doesnt really go anywhere lol, sitting on the bump stops

41 year old 6cyl coil springs rest in peace lol

Shit, one spring crapped out...

Time for coilovers! :D

the price for pedders , at like 650$ for a spring/shock kit for the front/

i am actually considering it now lol

not sure who makes them though

Shit, one spring crapped out...

Time for coilovers! :D

the price for pedders , at like 650$ for a spring/shock kit for the front/

i am actually considering it now lol

not sure who makes them though

Look up XYZ suspension, or similar, they do a coil over for x series.

Already put a deposit on mine... Only place I could find that does them is a suspension place in WA and there's an 8 week back order. :P

They're not cheap though.

Already put a deposit on mine... Only place I could find that does them is a suspension place in WA and there's an 8 week back order. :P

Yeah in WA, That's the place.

What's a set worth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where abouts is that mate?

PM inbound!

NZXD - $995 for a pair of fronts for my XD.

Not cheap but I figure by the time you buy a set of Konis, plus new springs, plus spring saddle you're getting pretty close to that anyway, and these are fully adjustable and it doesn't matter what engine you run, so if you ever want to change your setup it saves you money in the long run.

600lb spring rate which a couple of people reckon might be a bit soft for an X series. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks. I'd imagine you could ask them to use a stiffer spring if you wanted.

PM inbound!

Not cheap but I figure by the time you buy a set of Konis, plus new springs, plus spring saddle you're getting pretty close to that anyway, and these are fully adjustable and it doesn't matter what engine you run, so if you ever want to change your setup it saves you money in the long run.

600lb spring rate which a couple of people reckon might be a bit soft for an X series. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks. I'd imagine you could ask them to use a stiffer spring if you wanted.

That's cheaper than I thought, I'm thinking I might order some.

That IS cheap! haha even AUS 1000$ is cheap. (USD would make me think twice) Ill be going from windsor to alloy headed windsor.. so that will change the height in normal springs... and im fussy so id want to buy another set of springs again.. so pretty much pays for itself

PM inbound!

That's cheaper than I thought, I'm thinking I might order some.

That IS cheap! haha even AUS 1000$ is cheap. Ill be going from windsor to alloy headed windsor.. so that will change the height in normal springs... and im fussy so id want to buy another set of springs again.. so pretty much pays for itself

What heads are you looking at?

I wouldn't be sticking 69cc heads on a 302 Windsor at all, it will drop the comp way down.

Also victor junior heads on a 302 will bog it down something horrid until it gets really high in the rpm.

If you look at the likes of the trick flow 11R heads, one of the best heads for a 302-347 Windsor in most people's price range.

Of course the best head in my opinion for the 302w is the P38 Kaase head.

I wouldn't be sticking 69cc heads on a 302 Windsor at all, it will drop the comp way down.

Also victor junior heads on a 302 will bog it down something horrid until it gets really high in the rpm.

If you look at the likes of the trick flow 11R heads, one of the best heads for a 302-347 Windsor in most people's price range.

it will be a stroker windsor though

The reason i am going Elelbrock is because the stuff uses OEM everything , cant beat that

Should make a bit under 550hp

it will be a stroker windsor though

The reason i am going Elelbrock is because the stuff uses OEM everything , cant beat that

Should make a bit under 550hp

Oh that's right, the 393/408w, stroke away my friend.

I have edlebrock heads on mine but it's only a 302w.

if i cant find a 351w block ill prolly save up and get a dart and go 418

depends though.. should make 550hp with a 347

if i cant find a 351w block ill prolly save up and get a dart and go 418

depends though.. should make 550hp with a 347

If you got a dart block with the 4.185 bores, you could go for a 4.5 inch crank and end up with 460 odd cubes.

If you got a dart block with the 4.185 bores, you could go for a 4.5 inch crank and end up with 460 odd cubes.

yeah its tempting , but id rather just go 4" bore and stroke