xSMOKEx

Te Alternator replacement crossflow

hey guys just discovered this morning my alternator has finally crapped it self , i had a quick browse through existing threads and couldn't find the answers i was really looking for.

im curious as to what would be the best bang for the buck alternator i could get my hands on and fit with out to much mucking around , looking for a higher amps as my battery has been relocated to the boot , 

pretty sure the alternator i have atm was only 55amp's and that was having troubles just keeping the battery charged with just head lights on  and holley red fuel pump running , though this could of been from the alternator being also crapped out .

i dont have $200+ to throw at a new unit atm so was thinking if theres an alternator from a x series that would bolt straight in with higher amps could go get one 2nd hand and put it in for the time being .

btw car is a 79 te cortina with XE 250 crossflow conversion from 81 might even be a XD

Edit = maybe one of you guys in brissy have one laying around and could help a brotha out ? got cash

85amp efi alt.A new bosch unit costs more but is a safer bet.I got a non bosch unit and it shit the reg in 10mins of driving. The replacement bosch reg made the total the same amount as a new bosch unit would have been outright.