tyko86

Bad Harmonics

Hi Everyone,

I have researched all I can on bad harmonics and invested in a romac RO0217 steel balancer for my crossflow.

The main problem at present is I'm still running power steering and it does not look like the pulley to drive it will suit

the romac balancer. Anybody done this already? Converting back to manual steering a good option? I have done away with

the a/c so one less thing to drive. Car is XF sedan.

Cheers

Tyson

Have a look in the electric power steering thread, a couple of members have had success using a ts Astra power steering setup on their falcons

TBH the Romac is not the gun choice. A powerbond SFI or ATI balancer is the go but a well prepped balanced engine is also needed to help out.

AC is more important than P/S IMO but you have to ask what do you want from the car.My ute doesn't have AC PS a heater or even a stereo in it but for the use of the car it's all good :) Mine also drives fine around town with the non PS IMO but I also have very different expectations to most of what the car should and shouldn't do. 

The harmonics really only matter over 5500 RPM on these things anyway so unless the engine spends ALOT of it's time up there I wouldn't stress too much about that.

TBH the Romac is not the gun choice. A powerbond SFI or ATI balancer is the go but a well prepped balanced engine is also needed to help out.

AC is more important than P/S IMO but you have to ask what do you want from the car.My ute doesn't have AC PS a heater or even a stereo in it but for the use of the car it's all good :) Mine also drives fine around town with the non PS IMO but I also have very different expectations to most of what the car should and shouldn't do. 

The harmonics really only matter over 5500 RPM on these things anyway so unless the engine spends ALOT of it's time up there I wouldn't stress too much about that.

deleted the dribble I wrote as this covers it all.... and makes sense.