wagoon

High beam amp draw

Cause I hate wiring I am hoping to cheat by removing the high beam power wire and connect it to my led lights. Thinking right high beam will power right side led and left side will power left side. Each led light is rated at 60w with a 3.75A draw. So I am wondering if anybody knows how many amps the standard high beam light uses, as Im not quite sure how to measure it. I was thinking of running a 7.5amp fuse on power wire out the back each led light as an additional fuse as well.

Thet are just standard xe headlights so should be 60w for high beam but I will check thanks. But the good thing is going off what you said about dividing the watts the standard high beam should draw 5amps and the leds draw less than 4amps so should be all good. Even the low beam is 55watts standard and thats using more amps than the leds so should definitely be fine.

Thanks for your help

60/12v = 5A

X 2 lights = 10A

+ (2 x leds @ 3.75A) = 17.5A total for that circuit.

That 60W rating is equivalent light output. Actual consumption would be 3.75 x 12 = 45W. Not real efficient for LEDs but a lot of that power goes into the electronics.

Was going to be an either/or situation I didnt want to run together and possibly over load the circuit.

The led is rated at 60W purely because they have 12 5watt leds in the light, and this how I have seen every led light advertised regardless of brand. Even the lumen rating I take with a massive grain of salt.

Something I did find out last night though was my wagon was a previous owner had spotties on it cause the high beam wire had been bared, so I had bare wire is my engine bay to say I was little annoyed was an understatment. All fixed now though. I will be putting up some pics of the lights working but all I can say is wow and I cant believe I only payed $50 per light.

Ah ok didnt know about ni relay but as the leds draw less than standard Im hoping its all good. I have a fuse on each led light and so far so good, they only get used for short stints anyway between oncoming traffic.