Sign in to follow this  
SLO247

What extractors are these? Any good?

Genies are too thin in the wall on my experience. Those ones you show there are 6-2-1s, and without seeing the Pacies I'll assume they're the same. Pacies can be had in 6-3-1s as well, which are better.

The ones in the pic seem to have decent radius bends (albeit press-bent) unlike others I've seen with really tight turns out of the end cylinders. Can't see the merge collectors very well but they they look like they're pipe-in-cone at the merge (good) but where the cone meets the secondary looks like a bit of a step. Could well be Hurricanes.

On a mild crossy, i reckon perfect. As long as they don't leak or aren't too rusty. Might want to think about swapping the starter for one with the solenoid 90 deg down and away from the pipes. The Bakelite cap on the solenoid cracks from the heat and then kaput. Later gear reduction ones are smaller too.

I think that they will be fine - much better than a stock cast iron lump and better than some of the cheapies around.  I'm not a fan of the pipe into cone on the secondaries on all these headers.  Pacey's are pipe over cone and that is one of the reasons they work so well.

On a mild engine they will be fine. If you want a bit more torque and better performing extractors then lengthen the secondaries making them 2 1/4"  and pipe over cone and you will be on a winner.