Sign in to follow this  
XHXR6

Locking Mechanism issues

G'day Everyone, 

I seem to be having issues again locking the drivers side door via remote. Here's what happens, As I lock it both passenger and driver side door locks go down. The passenger side is locked but the drivers side door can still be opened. If I lock the drivers side door with the key the I'm able to lock it no problem. I've already replaced the actuator and it did fix the problem for a bit but I'm beginning to think it could be the locking mechanism. 

The issue first began when I was trying to put those sniper door lock knobs/caps back on, I used a fair amount of force to try and get it on until I heard a snapping sound... I wasn't impressed after because I couldn't get the caps on and could have broken something in the process. (This was before I knew that you had to actually pull out the white clip from inside the cap a little bit and then sit them on the rod and give it a little thump to lock it in place). 

If it is the locking mech, Anyone know where I can source one from ? 

Cheers,

XHXR6

Is the actuator/rod adjusted correctly?

When I first installed central locking in my XF it was working on all doors but one, on that one it wouldn't quite push the rod up high enough to fully release the locking mechanism, opposite problem to what you're having.

Was a simple fix in my case, I just had to adjust the actuator and move it up a couple of mm. In your case it'd have to go down a little bit.

Is it an XH?

Sounds like the lock mech, if it locks with the key but the remote wont do it.

If you get stuck I can sell you one, you should be able to get one locally though. Same as XG and EA-EL.

Is it an XH?

Sounds like the lock mech, if it locks with the key but the remote wont do it.

If you get stuck I can sell you one, you should be able to get one locally though. Same as XG and EA-EL.

Yep it is, Cheers mate! I'll take a look, Are the locking mechanisms through XG-EL all the same ? I thought EL's didn't have the linkages for the door knobs ?