Sign in to follow this  
bigpaulo

heater core

Ive just pulled apart my heater box to see if its leaking. I noticed some brown stain on the underfelt inside my ute, around where the heater pipes go through. Im not sure if this is from when I removed the heater pipes and water ran back through the cab, or if the core has a leak. Is there anyway I can test the core to see if it has a leak or not?

Cheers.

Pressure test would be about the only way. Radiator joint may be able to do it. They pressurise it, turn off the valves and watch the gauge to see if it moves.

My experience, the brown leak is coming from the heater core, I'm guessing your coolant is usually green??

Yeah good point bear.

Turns out im gonna need a whole new heater box anyway, I noticed one of the linkages to the vent flap is broken. Bugger.

I'm pretty sure you can fix them somehow, or find a Ghia/Fairlane box and swap the elec controls back to cable.

Ghia/Lane boxes have a metal rod there instead of the plastic one.

Hey polson...that metal arm one in your picture, can I replace my plastic one with that? Because I just bought one...but I dont know what way to connect the vacuum lines.