Sign in to follow this  
bigpaulo

door and window seals

Wheres the best place to get door seals and ute quarter window seals? I tried rare spares and they reckon they dont do em anymore..

Also how do I replace the door seals? It appears I have to peel the old seal off the trim beading, any special glue I have to use to stick the new rubber on?

Cheers!

Paul

Stuff at clark rubber is prolly the same as what rares had or has anyway.

Door rubbers on ebay, i bought some from a seller and the quater window seals, surley you will get on evil bay to?

Replace the whole door rubber, no need for glueing.

nobody does a brown colored pinchweld yet to suit, the old rare spares colored stuff hasnt been available for years. there is an early holden pattern which is too thick from memory, a commodore pattern is about to be released which i imagine would be closer

the 1/4 window seals are gone unfortunatly, the tooling and supplier was lost about 3 years ago when empire rubber went broke, rares bought all the NOS but its all gone now as far as im aware

Ah bugger cheers for that info cav.

Steve I didnt even know what a pinchweld was called, let alone that you could actually get them with the rubber attatched!

Thats cool. When i went looking for mine (not that i wanted brown) bigcav was a big help here aswell. 

I mentioned it on the old forum and he posted a link to some and presto i bought them.

I looked in my local Clark rubber store first and they had it to but the online price was a tad cheaper for the same

stuff so i just got it instead.

another quick question: when removing and installing bailey channel, does the window have to be out?

No, but it's heaps easier. You have to take the door cards off anyway to make sure it goes right to the bottom of the channel & to pop the windows out from there is piss easy. Just push the little plastic plugs out & maneuver the window out carefully.

I did it by myself but someone to hold the window while you f**k around would be even easier

You could actually do it with the windows in & door cards on but guaranteeing you've done a good job would be a gamble