Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Pllu

Power Steering Fittings

Needing to know were i can get power steering fittings. 

Spoke to a guy today who can make up pressure lines but he cant get any fittings.

Also would be good if i could get some hard line and bend up my own pipe were i want it to go instead of having to fight it to clear the headers.

Anyhelp would be good.

Im using the steel pump the same as on the 250 xflow. the line in the car fits but its way to long. 

cheers

was looking at aeroflow but my budget does not allow for the word aeroflow. 

the guy said he can make me up a pipe even if i get a heap of hard lines and he will weld them all together and then fit a pressure hose.

so iv got a heap of 6cyl lines and have cut them up to give me the right bends etc etc. 

will messure it all and take it to him to weld and fit a pressure line then i should be ok, maybe, one day.

should i bought the complete system i saw on gumtree for $80 when i saw it instead of uming and areing about it

Gonna do that too.. I got access to hydraulic hose, bundy tube, fittings, etc so it would cost me nothing to do it except time but for all the pissfarting around I'll just bite the bullet and go with a proper replacement factory one.

Visit Enzed and get a fitting that goes into the back of the power steering pump on the pressure side.  It has the factory fitting on one side and a normal JIC (AN) fitting on the outside. 

Any decent hydraulics man can then make you up a pressure line to go to the box.  On the box end you will need to cut off the factory fitting and silver solder on something to go to JIC (AN). 

That is all I did on the race car and I ran the pressure line up the passenger side - across the firewall and down to the box.  The extra line helps lift fluid capacity and it gets it away from under the motor and around the headers. 

I'll snap a picture of the box end fitting tomorrow. 

iv dumied up a pipe going from the box, accross the front of the sump and then to a pressure line going to the pump. iv marked where i need all the welds so take it up the road tomorrow morning and take it from there