Sign in to follow this  
binary-fuel

detailed pictures of manual XG 1993-96

I am requesting someone with 5 minutes free time to take photos of the there manual XG 94-96 run down.
The picture are for the manual gear stick fittings, taking apart showing harness or connectors/cables anything in the hump area. The link in the engine.
Everything that goes to the gear box from the interior I am converter mine to manual and just need the expected result of the technical features, including gear height from cd/stack deck audio so i get height expectations and anything that might help in manual conversion via pictures.
I know its an odd request but I just need an insight.
thanks in advance

Mate I can't get under me Ute , me foots in a cast at the moment, but I will have a look at the XG ute suppliment workshop manual and see what I can find there.

Just have to wait till I can get to the shed once it's light.

Maybe someone nice has an opened up ute they can picture for you.

Jack.

Mate I can't get under me Ute , me foots in a cast at the moment, but I will have a look at the XG ute suppliment workshop manual and see what I can find there.

Just have to wait till I can get to the shed once it's light.

Maybe someone nice has an opened up ute they can picture for you.

Jack.

that's anyway jack, Sorry to hear the cast part, hope it heals well.

Well if you do have the supplement book, you don't have to, but if you have some free time would you scan a couple of pages showing the hump, the workings and down to the gear box link, should be 3 pages depending of the book and how they have work. 

Google is no help only got pedals and gear job location but not alot of detail by the view.I have moved to victoria and know no one here. Plus I don't live near ute xg or ford  owners in that matter. But I will keep trying. thanks 

Heya Binary, sorry for the late reply. LOL , cheers mate, cast shits me..... can't even drive me ute..... left foot, just gotta wait 5 weeks, 3 fractures.

I scoured the manual but there is really no good pics, just wiring schematics and mostly pics of the internals of the T5.

But.......... I do know the only wiring on your manual box will be from the transducer for ya speedo etc, which should be the same. Goes forward into the engine bay.

There is one thing you will have to watch, the Neutral gear switch.

In an auto there is a lil relay that prevents the car from starting in gear. All you do is rip it out and bridge the wires together.

No wires enter the ute from the hump on a manual, they all go forward and into the engine bay from memory, so ya should be fine.

Most of the wiring down there on an auto is for gear select lighting etc.

If by some freak of nature I can get under her for a few pics, I will.

Jack.

Yer I found some challenges that others have had but they have managed to bypass most of them. I am converting the column xg to a t5 manual. which as you know does not contain the manual inner fittings, so the hump, etc. At this time it will be cheaper to do that option rather then getting a manual xg and gambling on the clutch not being stuffed or anything else my xg is experiencing from age that other XG utes may experience. I would love to go outback but I don't require 2 tanks or super heavy duty shocks and other parts the outback has over the standard xg.
Thanks  for having a look in the manual, it seems with the XG unless you can afford it, the manuals for it are gold 

Heya Binary,Mate I admire ya havin a good crack. I built some sweet cars when I was a lil younger.

I'm just coming to the realization that maybe the days of me working on me own cars are over except minor stuff.

Back is just not up to it any more. Otherwise there would be motors and boxes everywhere..... hehe.

Mostly under car stuff that gets me.

I love me XG ute man, can't drive it at the moment.... I tried to clutch it with the back of me cast but my foot gets caught under the dash..... lol

Trust me, ya not missing out without duel fuel tanks....... right royal pain in the arse.....

Yeah, XG is a bit of a bitza, even if ya take it to a workshop, stress the point its an XG,not a friggin XF... cause the wallys will buy the wrong parts etc.

Some parts are XF but a lot are unique to the XG.

I read my manuals like a good novel, but i always know how it ends...... me spending money or having a new project..... hahaha

Have a shit hot weekend mate.

Jack.

Hey Binary, are you still chasing up pics for this manual conversion, i may be able to help you out a little, as I've been converting my 250ci, column auto XF ute to 4L and T5, and it would be more or less the exact same deal as what your trying to achieve.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance mate.

Jay.