agentkiwi

needle roller bearing

I called Motospecs few weeks ago and they no longer do the 3201 kit or the roller top . :(

The Newcom link doesn't;t seem to work unfortunately , might chase up pedders see what the deal is there ..

Otherwise will be following the instructions here and machining.

The roller tops used to have a washer that went between the bearing and sector shaft , you guys do that ?

From memory the roller bearings in the top cover are the same as the two lower sector shaft bearings ?

What reason did they give for not doing the tops anymore?

Did you try asking for the top as a separate part? (separate part number is in this thread somewhere)

Bursons or one of the steering re-build places, may have some old stock too.

A bit more info . I followed up with Motspecs with that part number listed here for the cover alone . No good :( .

The guy there was pretty clued up on the whole subject. Apparently motospecs used to sell a few hundred a year of the roller covers . Newcom wanted them to commit to 5000 before they did another run . Motospecs declined and hence now they are no more .

I spoke with another local guy at Ultimate power steering . He had one last one of the Newcom covers still new in the box . From that he does his own roller conversion on the original covers . Price for the complete cover though was @ 200 bucks for the cover alone .  All their reco steering boxes come with the roller cover for anyone needing a complete steering box.

One thing not mentioned or shown here is the steel ring that sits between the bearing and the sector shaft . Does anyone still have the dimensions of that ring . I'll likely look into converting a few of the old covers I have left over .