SPArKy_Dave

Repro XE S-Pack front bumper lips

I'm no longer an x-falcon member so i will comment here.

he doesnt need to worry about copyright unless he uses the word Ford on the prduct. Copyrights on designs expire after 25 years. That has passed. he can make and sell the design to his hearts content. He cant use the term FORD on the product as thats  a trademark. He can tell you that this product will fit a Ford. IANAL.

I did see he updates the post a few days ago with:

Hi guys sorry about the delay responding.  A few family dramas etc put this idea on the backburner..
 One issue I found was finding a pourable urethane that can withstand outdoor environment for a guaranteed length of time & I'm still looking. One option was to do them in fibreglass - perfect replica on outside surfaces but obviously glass from underneath. In urethane, they could be done visibly perfect both sides. I obviously have an original to make a mould off whichever way. The projected volume of production would be 10-20. Cost would have to be mid $200's in urethane, cheaper in glass.
  Not worried about copyright in any way. This is not a major project.
  I would love to know where the original tooling went. It would have been a rubber injection mould & they're not usually destroyed or lost. Injection moulding tooling could be made (reverse engineer off my sample) but the production volume would have to be around 1000 to make it viable. I would be investigating copyright in this case. Ford would not be a worry but if anyone else has picked up rights that could be an issue..
  I'll keep you posted on any situation changes..
Happy Ford motoring!

Scott