Sign in to follow this  
Joelxf92

Extractors

Bought some headers with a high flow cat qena7ena.jpg

Only problem is they are a different size only

About 300mm to short and they are trying to charge me 280 buks for 300mm of metal Anyway I'd thought I'd show you the extractors and a before and after picture of them also a sound and performance test on the street haha first post on this forum so thanks guys

Are those alloy head only extractors?

They present well, most of that charge is probably labour costs, try a few other places to see if you get a better quote.

Supply the metal and just pay for the weld! I'd be having a flick through the yellow pages for welders. Should cost you bugger all. Welcome to ozfalcon!

Thanks mate I made a deal with a guy who comes I'm to my work I'll install the headers and high flow cat and drop it off in the morning gonna be loud lol but I start work at 5am so shouldn't be and issues with the cops lol I will make a video for sure haha

Cheers Joel!!

Are those alloy head only extractors?

They present well, most of that charge is probably labour costs, try a few other places to see if you get a better quote.

They better be mate haha I bought them used from clontarf wreckers redcliffe they said there for an alloy head so I hope so

Cheers Joel!!

Yeah they look like alloy head only, I can't see the holes for cast iron pattern too.

$280 is way expensive, when I put mine on, I installed them myself and drive to the shop (yes, they're rather loud like that), the shop welded in extra pipe and added one of those slip joints with a clamp, think it was $50.

Is that $280 quote to remove the old manifold, supply new gaskets, modify new extractors and then install new system onto car. Still expensive if it is but makes a bit more sense.

For labour costs I work on $80/hour at a small mechanic shop and $100/hour at a large chain mechanic like midas/ktas.

I supply the gasket the metal from the old exhaust can be used as the new stuff this was from macs mufflers but I also said I'd fit it he still said 280

Cheers Joel!!