Sign in to follow this  
Stu5766

302 4v heads

Hey guys, can anyone tell me much about 302 4v windsor heads? I understand they have a smaller combustion chamber and possibly bigger valves. The ones I have also have guide plates and adjustable rocker gear.

Are these heads rare or worth any money.

Cheers stu.

Do you have a casting number? If they are C8OE-F they are 1968 4V's with 53.5cc as in XT GT's 

If they are C9ZE-A  (63cc) or D0ZE-A (58cc) they are Boss heads with screw ins and guide plates. But anyone can install them, so the way to tell Boss heads is the staggered valves to accomodate the massive valve size. Safe to say if your valves aren't staggered, then the studs and guide plates have been installed.  HP 289's also had 4V heads ranging from 49.2 to 54.5cc

Not 100% on that, but having adjustable rockers, you might have a set of K-code 289s. If you can find it, look at the part number on them. Should start with a "c" (decade) followed by a number (year) then the numbers afterward. Just type it into Google and it should come up straight away. I doubt they are Boss, they're just modified Clevo heads.

I doubt they are Boss, they're just modified Clevo heads.

If you've seen his heads and know that they aren't clevo then that makes sense because everybody knows Boss are a clevo style head, but I don't know Stu or his heads so I don't know what he's got. I also don't know if he could tell a clevo head from a nissan pintara distributor so I was just stating fact. Another fact is that no 289 came out with guide plates

If he was selling genuine Boss 302 heads, I'd hire a fucking helicopter and go and pick them up myself. Chances are though that they're not, same goes for K-code heads. Pictures would help more than anything else

They are defiantly not a Clevo style head. They are a windsor head that has 4v. Gotta double check the other numbers. Thanks for the info. Will post pictures when I can.

Windsor ??? 

4V's are harder to find, as they had limited production. Sort of rare, but if they are modified to accept adjustable rockers etc, may annoy the purists. If the heads came from the factory with the guide plates and rocker gear, then worth more. Don't think many people would spend the folding stuff on cast iron heads these days. GT40 alloys and stuff are readily available, and a third the weight.

Yanks loved the Windsor,(Man'O'War blocks etc) Clevo's were short lived in the US. We Aussies loved the Clevo's, but eventually went back to the Windsors in XR8's etc.

As the boys have said, date stamps and pics would help. :)