Hi Guys,

I've got bit of a problem I would like to eliminate. I've got a xf ute with a 351C, FMX box with a quick shifter. Exhaust running past both side of the transmission. I've melted through 2 shifter cables. Second cable I had mounted at least 60mm away from the exhaust. It's clear I need to make a heat shield and hoping that people can post up some photos of their set-up.

Cheers in advance.

We sell the silcone and fibreglass one at work and I've fitted it to a few shifter cables over the years and haven't had any problems with it. Its not cheap but it works.

Cable is just a cable and comes in different lengths.The longer it is the smoother it is too but this raises the "where do you put the cable issue"? 60mm isn't far away either so maybe a longer cable will help you with been able to route it further away.

We had to customise it. Keen to see some photos. I can't even see how a longer cable would fix the problem. It would eliminate the tight bend I need to have but won't move it away from the exhaust.

I'm keen to see a heat shield or at least know a certainty on the heat thermal conduit. My cable melted from 5min drive. Closest point to the exhaust was about 60mm. Was hard mounted so would not have flexed into the exhaust.