XHXR6

Nice upgrade from stock 4'' Dash Speakers ?

G'day Everyone, Does anyone here know of a speaker that fits into the current cutouts in the dash without modifying the speaker grill ? 

Currently looking at these 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kicker-KS40-4-60w-Car-Speakers-with-AUST-WARRANTY-/281233812879?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417ad76d8f&_uhb=1

But not too sure if they'll fit or not because of the tweeter. 

Current setup is: 
Stock 4'' speakers in the dash

Stock 4'' speakers in the doors (Will eventually replace with Alpine splits) 

2x Soundstream Amplified Subs under the drivers and passenger seats 
and a JVC KDR926BT Headunit. 

Thanks Guys, 
XHXR6

I have these in the doors on my ute (behind Fairlane door trims).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-4-3-Way-Speakers-/201020910042?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecdc7a9da&_uhb=1

I had factory dash speakers in my doors previously, and these were the same size and bolted up to the same holes as the factory ones, so they should still fit behind the speaker grill.

In saying that I NEVER ACTUALLY had them in there behind it.

4 inch speakers are all pretty much junk. They have ok highs if you get a descent brand but little to know mids. 100% agree with slydog, just put a descent set of splits in the doors. Run a pod if you want best results for staging properly. You won't be disappointed. I've ran coaxials in x series doors, 6 inch, 6x9s, 6.5 splits and the shittest speaker in any of these is twice as good as the best 4inch aimed at you legs in the dash.

Just fit some good 4" speakers and you don't have to stuff around with spacers and crap. They make good enough sound. I have a monster stereo in my AU and its great but I barely use it. I'm running all the stock equipment and new pioneer speakers all round and it cost me $60 for the lot when JB had a sale. Sounds fantastic coming from the stock XF pioneer stereo.

i just fitted some 4" clarion speakers i bought for about 60 bucks from alberts, i want to keep factory tape deck so didnt bother spending to much on speakers, but the clarions can be turned up loud enough to hear them without the sound turning into white noise

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Good job mate, with my speaker connects I just resoldered the original ones on the new speakers and it was pretty simple.

cheers, alex.

I ended up fitting a different set of kickers, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kicker-CS4-4-150w-Car-Speakers-with-AUST-WARRANTY-/261361338791?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cda5989a7&_uhb=1

They fit perfectly without any modifications and the sound from them is really nice. 

just made up some little wires to go from factory plug to speaker using some speaker wire and crimped on connectors

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Yup, That's exactly what I did, Works a treat! 

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!