Sign in to follow this  
hendrixhc

Question on Cleveland Saginaw Power steering pumps.

So ill be in the market for a new power steering pump soon and was trying to find a chrome or alloy one in the saginaw style.

None of the ones listed on Ebay seem to mention Cleveland engines.

Are they all the same or do they have different pressure ratings and thread sizes for the hoses?

Or if any one knows where to get one can you point me in the right direction!

Cheers!

If the saginaw is the teardrop one.. i got one off of an EA , 6cyl. they are the same internally .. the bracket was different , so to change that u gotta take the pulley off with a special puller, i cannot remember if the fittings were in a slightly different location or not though

Theere is quite a few different ones with there being ford and GM variants as well. We sell GM ones as they come in Chrome. They bolt up no probs to clevos using most aftermarket brackets but unsure if you can use the standard clevo brackets on a GM one.

Theere is quite a few different ones with there being ford and GM variants as well. We sell GM ones as they come in Chrome. They bolt up no probs to clevos using most aftermarket brackets but unsure if you can use the standard clevo brackets on a GM one.

So ill be using an Aeroflow billet ally bracket so the GM one is ok? Will the threads on the hose be compatible?

We sell the Aeroflow ones with GM pumps yes. I cant remember thread wise. I can give you a definate answer on monday wen im back at work. You need to buy a pulley for the GM pump seperate too as they dont need a puller to come off. A billet one looks the goods on the chrome pump ;-)

If the saginaw is the teardrop one.. i got one off of an EA , 6cyl. they are the same internally .. the bracket was different , so to change that u gotta take the pulley off with a special puller, i cannot remember if the fittings were in a slightly different location or not though

arnt the pumps from e series a higher pressure designed for steering racks?

Any thoughts on compatability Cav?

normally id play it smart and check all the parts manuals and genuine manuals i have for both ford and holden models but i blew up my computer and am yet to recover my hard drive sorry

if it helps, i couldnt find it tonight but didnt spend to much time on it but there were a few aussie suppliers like N.A parts that im pretty sure used to sell a chrome body that you reused your own internals for

normally id play it smart and check all the parts manuals and genuine manuals i have for both ford and holden models but i blew up my computer and am yet to recover my hard drive sorry

I been reading all the ford info i can grab bit they dont really specify any tech specs for the units. I did finf some handy info on a mustang? and gm? forum in the states but it was late last night and i cant validate what i think i read!

Im starting to form the opinion that any Gm saginaw pump is going to fit and work and it is a matter of judging the steering "feel". if it is to light then add some washers to the adjuster and if it is to heavy then remove some washers.

I might just get the old pump and check the mountings are the same and try me luck with a chrome one.