Sign in to follow this  
PRO250

are AU and BA 5 speeds the same?

Hey guys

well i got 400km or so out of the box in my ute im looking for another one but i wanted to know if the AU BAs BFs are the same i think somone told me the BA BF are diffrent. i want a new box and im a little worryed about putting a old box behine my engine cause it will just smash it again

any input would be goodm, cheers guys

Hey guys

well i got 400km or so out of the box in my ute im looking for another one but i wanted to know if the AU BAs BFs are the same i think somone told me the BA BF are diffrent. i want a new box and im a little worryed about putting a old box behine my engine cause it will just smash it again

any input would be goodm, cheers guys

I do know that they are similar, and that the Ba+ uses a t5z, which is supposed to be stronger. i am 99% sure that the au's run them as well

Nope AUs have the T5OD just with a slightly longer rear housing putting the shifter box back about an inch or so, apart from that they are the same as earlier Eseries T5s.

The BA non turbo boxes i believe are the same as AUs, couldbe wrong but. The BA turbos and onwards are teh T5OZ which have a stronger input shaft and require a turbo clutch as the input shaft has more splines. There is a ratio difference too i think i heard once.

Top is a BA T5 i bought for bellhousing (had smashed gears inside)

Bottom is Mustang T5 Extension Housing (To Slip T5 into Cortina without cutting Chassis Rail)