Sign in to follow this  
wagoon

Buying clutch ring around its worth it

So I have just spent the day getting quotes from more than a dozen places for an exedy cushion button clutch for a crossflow. I rang all my local suppliers and even ones closer to brisbane which is about 50kms away. In the end Northern brake and clutch in melbourne was the cheapest including post and its to my door. The next best price was $60 more if you include the fuel I would use to go and pick it up. The most expensive was $260 more expensive, this is for the same part number

So I have just spent the day getting quotes from more than a dozen places for an exedy cushion button clutch for a crossflow. I rang all my local suppliers and even ones closer to brisbane which is about 50kms away. In the end Northern brake and clutch in melbourne was the cheapest including post and its to my door. The next best price was $60 more if you include the fuel I would use to go and pick it up. The most expensive was $260 more expensive, this is for the same part number

How much did you end up getting the kit for ?

I need to get one soon ( i cant actually find out if the cortina/single rail clutch kit is the same as a crossflow, but i cant find any part numbers for a corty/250 combo)

All up $440 including post to qld. I thought I would give them a try after I searched around forums for people that had bought exedy clutches and their name kept popping up with good feedback.

I will also add that northern brake were the only company out of 14 I contacted that had the clutch in stock. They did admitted they were suprised they had it in stock though.