Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

XD dashboard clock

Hey fella's

im wanting to install this clock in my XD ute

994058_759944207365334_569810795_n.jpg

This 4 pin plug is my dilemma, where does it go?

1451367_759944227365332_1329431418_n.jpg

The white plug with the grey wires is for the speaker in the top of the dash, The white square one is for the the AM radio, The brown one is for the ciggy lighter and i dont know where those 2 bullet connecters go

1001388_759944264031995_1133307392_n.jpg

can anyone help me? or do i need to get another dash loom from a wrecker?

I would just buy a generic 4 pin plug and wire it in . ones +12 ones neg, the other two i dunno??

I usually just trial and error stuff like that as finding the right loom isnt worth the trip to the wreckers time wise lol

I installed one in mine a couple of weeks ago but when i got the clock i made sure i had both plugs. And I just wired the plug to whatever free constant, accessories, negative and illumination wires I had in the dash loom already that wasn't connected to anything.
Do you know which wire do what on the clock itself?

Best to connect all four wires. get a manual handy to work what colour is what, but from memory, on is 12+ ignition, one is -, one is 12+ battery memory, and the other is light dim for day brightness and night dimness. best to grab a manual to work it all out.

Best to connect all four wires. get a manual handy to work what colour is what, but from memory, on is 12+ ignition, one is -, one is 12+ battery memory, and the other is light dim for day brightness and night dimness. best to grab a manual to work it all out.

Yea your 100% right.

On mine the dimmer one was brown, negative was black and cant remember what the other colours were but mine had a different plug so may be different to yours.