Sign in to follow this  
90XFUTE

XF T5 clutch issues

a few months ago i was changing into 2nd and the clutch cable snapped, I put a new one on got it all nice and it ran good til a few weeks ago it became loose so i've tightened it heaps and its still fucks up, now the pedal is sitting of the left a bit and it has a lot more movement that it use to. i cant seem to get it in any gear unless it jammed up against the fire wall, has anyone had this problem before or does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

Sounds like the pin in the side of the pedal box has cracked the pedal box. Very common on x series and e series. Pull pedal box out. Realign pin and weld it back together. Then plate the shot out of the back of it.

Pull the pedal box out. It's not to hard on x series. Drop steering colum. Unbolt. Think its four from cab side and brake booster bolts. And take it to a small welding engineering place. Prob cost a box of piss. Pedal should be fine. Another place to go would be a decent exhaust shop. They always have migs and like cashies. HahA