Sign in to follow this  
dusty_ben

Ohc injectors.

Hey guys. Found out my engine issues are just buggered injectors. I have a set of blue injectors that came out of a au xr8. Will these work of overfuel it without a tune? Should I just buy a set of new vdo std jobbies?

It's a 4litre in my xh. They came from my mates bosses au ute. Had a fair amount of work done to it. Truck flow heads n intake etc so unsure if they are std. Was a 220kw motor to start with though.

Ill take them off ur hands of u want bud... Try them in my AU ghia. Ive got some AU I6 EV6 ones here sonic cleaned not too long back. Flow 20.8lbs, the XHs were 19.8lb i think? What is the bosch part number on the side?

The blue ones will be out of a TR/TS Magna, they are better poundage than the ford ones, I use them in my race 6.  You will need to have it tuned if you use them.  From memory the AU ones are not desirable because the spray pattern is wrong for the chamber (i think).  If it's a stock engine just find yourself another set of standard ones cos the uprated ones will probably make it run worse.  And forget about V8 ones, 6 cyl ones are better.

Ok looks like ill get factory set. These blue ones have ford cast into them? Numbers are xs2e-b5a. And on other side 0 280 155 903. It won't let me upload photos but. They do have the newer style plug

I'd be hesitant playing with different injector sizes on a stock setup. I've stuffed around with them myself trying to help economy on a 2.6 Courier, adapting Toyota 4A-GE injectors and came to the conclusion that I should have left it alone.

The 4.0 engines got great economy if driven properly so that says that the engineers got it right.

I understand that there's a fair amount of headroom in the stock injector flow of the 6 (maybe only at 70% of maximum), but the V8s are marginal, around 90%.

Ok looks like ill get factory set. These blue ones have ford cast into them? Numbers are xs2e-b5a. And on other side 0 280 155 903. It won't let me upload photos but. They do have the newer style plug

Looks like a Bosch number. There are charts online to look up colour and flow rates for all the brands out there. Your answer is only a google away.

That part no shows they are 19lb injectors and the ones you should have in there now are 155 844 which are 20lb injectors. You could run those if you got an XR6 reg and it should self adapt to get the mixtures right again but its not a guarantee and you still need to swap the plugs over. Just get some AU ones mate, the are 0.8lbs heavier then what u got now, are EV6 so they have a better spray pattern and faster response. Will run a tad heavy for a bit till it tunes it out.