Sign in to follow this  
matt_lamb_160

Digital boost controller/GM map sensor

Digital sucks. It allows you to believe you can flick between a high and low boost setting and keep your car normal. It rarely ever works out that way as most people don't have two separate ecu tunes they can flick between at the same time. It's a dicky concept of people fucking around with their cars. Tune your car to the highest boost setting you will ever use, tune it well and then drive it normally, off boost as much as you want and then mash the pedal when you need with confidence it is tuned for it.

Don't waste your time with them.

Thanks. PSI, I am thinking of doing my own, but would like to know what is out there first.

I understand what you are saying Wes. I am not looking to switch between boost settings, I am looking to delay wastegate opening. I have a gated manual boost controller, but I wanted to know what digital options I had.

That is what I am setup to do atm and I think you are probably right.

I should also clarify my last message. I do not mean I am trying to run more boost than the wastegate spring allows. I am trying to reduce partial opening of the wastegate before getting to max boost. Not sure if my message was clear (still not, haha)