Sign in to follow this  
Hatchy

bailey channel rubbers?

hey guys got a xg ute, Ive bought some bailey channel rubbers. I was wondering when fitting new rubbers does the front channel have a separate rubber? mine were all perished and im not sure if they run the whole way around the frame or have a seperate peice just for the front?

IM pretty sure its one piece ,just remember to use some kind of glue to hold it in position ,contact cement will do the job ,and let it dry overnight ,so glue it in situ then wind up window and leave 12 hours to dry.

I think the front channel does have a different piece, since its a bit narrower (i think) the kits i bought have two seperate pieces, one piece narrower than the other for the front i assume.

yeh for anybody who looks at the forum they are thinner good work adrian  :D

i managed to reuse mine, if you wanted to have a look see how it goes i could show you my XG in my lunch break?

thanks scottee i didn't/don't really have time to have a look at lunch times cause those are the times I'm working on my car haha they're in now aswell as all the windows im stoked should be registered by the end of the week  :D

no they are not seperate but they are different, the thinner section near the mirror is moulded onto the larger section, there are also small slits cut into the channel from the back for the top front corner bend and a larger single cut angled groove cut in the rubber for the 90 degree corner for the back of the window