jamie247

help build my new 351 cleveland

nah that was built at Cardiff NSW i'm in Maryborough QLD we built the pan pacific locos and qr national ones, we built the qr rail trains for Brisbane cq02/03 and purd contract for perth, now we just did refurbishment on cairns tilt and halfway through 7 new tilt cars for cairns then it's all maintenance work in dribs and drabs so we are hearing 60 to go by xmas and the new guy running the show wants to sack us all and re hire under contract labour :angry:

Similar things are happening here, we do refurb on v/line and pn locos as well as v/line carriages, we recently got a new boss (ex quantas) and he appears to be trying to do the same thing, they have a thing eliminating permanent staff lately

Similar things are happening here, we do refurb on v/line and pn locos as well as v/line carriages, we recently got a new boss (ex quantas) and he appears to be trying to do the same thing, they have a thing eliminating permanent staff lately

yes I hear ya mate and this whole hiring bosses from quantas  is a joke this is our second now :o, they have no clue on rail transportation, r you being made to work rdo's etc we are atm, and we have some contract labour from edi Cardiff atm bout 4 electricians and a few carpenters as there out of work basically poor buggers

Sounds scarily familiar, we've got about 4 ex quantas now and only two left out of the edi bosses changes are happening and I don't think they are for the better

Sounds scarily familiar, we've got about 4 ex quantas now and only two left out of the edi bosses changes are happening and I don't think they are for the better

so true mate sounds like it's across the board shame cause years ago it was a good company

hi huys gonna build my own motor but what's in order parts wise etc brands etc it's standard bore 2 bolt 351 c d2ae i'm looking for around 450hp with carb setup

I agree.. had lotsa Clevos.. minimum taken out of the bore, make dead certain your lifter bores are perfect before you begin.. if not, get another block or have them machined and a set of bronze inserts put in.. these also limit the oil pumped away from the crank under sustained high revs when you set them up right.

I have a few sets as I am about to my engine and a mates..

any1 had much to do with pavtek engines I'm thinking going a long block 393 with 2v chi heads has a lot of goodies for $11450 it's another $3-$5k for a holly or dominator fuel injection system but has 490nm @ 4250rpm is 500hp at 6000rpm idles at 900rpm, has a hydraulic cam seems to be a great all round stroker motor and not reving it's balls off heaps of instant throttle response whats people's thoughts

they have the rep. not the best shop around but they are very good.

490nm.... thats pathetic... are you sure it wasn't 490ftlbs?

i still reccomend murphysspeedshop.com.au/

having seen what he can do, i can rate him well above pavtek.

im sure there is plenty of good builders out there though.