Would like to change the diff ratio in my XF, I believe its a 2.77..just to low for me, Is there a 3.23 diff centre, that I can put straight in...

dont do it,i have learnt many times it just dont work well,yeah it has great take off but looses drivabilty after 80kph,you could probly get away with 3.08,but 2.92 would be perfect,thats what i am doing with mine,if you think 2.77 is lame u should try 2.53 its awful but has great hwy manners and economy,3.23 did come out on some xe's but mainly 5 speed cars,or 3 speed manual,just find your self a 2.92 diff or gears and fit it up,but remember you need the 2.92 carrier to retrofit your 2.77 housing the rest is the same.

The 2.77 is NOT lame..however i am having to go through the gears to fast , the ratio is too low, I have an AU /several actually, with around the same HP, and the ratios being 3.23/3.45 are better suited to the HP..I want the XF to run out longer as the engine runs out near 5400 RPM, I want the diff to run out longer..

16 minutes ago, SPACK said:

The 2.77 is NOT lame..however i am having to go through the gears to fast , the ratio is too low, I have an AU /several actually, with around the same HP, and the ratios being 3.23/3.45 are better suited to the HP..I want the XF to run out longer as the engine runs out near 5400 RPM, I want the diff to run out longer..

what do you mean run out longer?

2.77 with an auto will do say 90kmh ish in 1st gear at 5400rpm

3.23 by comparison might be around 70kmh.  (but will take off faster) 

i thought you had a auto,for your crossflow to rev to 5500 ish thats massive revs for a crossflow,sounds like you need a manual trans with taller 1st and so on,i did this on my last worked crossy,4 speed 009 single rail suited 302c and 250,taller first gear ,or v8 t5 has a nice 2.95 1st gear,another good one is the XB single rail 6 or 8,even taller 1st,depends if you want 4 or 5 speed trans,i ran 3.45 gears and 009 single rail and worked quite well,with hyd pedal set up,if your xf has the std single rail it will wind out very quickly i see what your saying.

dont do it,i have learnt many times it just dont work well,yeah it has great take off but looses drivabilty after 80kph,you could probly get away with 3.08,but 2.92 would be perfect,thats what i am doing with mine,if you think 2.77 is lame u should try 2.53 its awful but has great hwy manners and economy,3.23 did come out on some xe's but mainly 5 speed cars,or 3 speed manual,just find your self a 2.92 diff or gears and fit it up,but remember you need the 2.92 carrier to retrofit your 2.77 housing the rest is the same.

Thought you get bored of the 2.53 with Eshays in Kia Rio’s beating you at the lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Banno said:

Thought you get bored of the 2.53 with Eshays in Kia Rio’s beating you at the lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kia rio would probably chop a stock XE no matter what the diff ratio. i reckon the 2018 i30 we have would chop a stock 351 ESP even down the 1/4