Rayinsydney

XE door handles

Hello and  happy new year to all, 

My XE wagon has a rear drivers side handle issue, it opens fine from the inside, wont open from the outside , would this be a door handle issue, or inside mech issue?.

Previously , I've had issues with the door closing , and staying closed...it simply wouldn't stay closed, I put in a second hand striker mech in which seemed to deal with that , now it won't open from the outside.

any tips much appreciated, 

Ray

5 hours ago, Rayinsydney said:

Hello and  happy new year to all, 

My XE wagon has a rear drivers side handle issue, it opens fine from the inside, wont open from the outside , would this be a door handle issue, or inside mech issue?.

Previously , I've had issues with the door closing , and staying closed...it simply wouldn't stay closed, I put in a second hand striker mech in which seemed to deal with that , now it won't open from the outside.

any tips much appreciated, 

Ray

I've had to bend the rods, and reposition the pivot before to take up some slack on rear doors. i suspect due to non genuine handle ? 

yup i had same problem,listen to obi wan you must,undo the striker wd40 the shit out of it,manualy use a screwdriver to strike it back and forwards a few times then spray more wd40 ,it wont be the door handle,but like dean said its the 15cm metal rod that needs flattening out or bending to take up the slack ,common problem is handle is pulled up and door wont open cause the rod needs that little bit extra pull to enguage the hook in the striker ,make sure child safety lock is off too,mine now works 100% from not working at all,15min job,once you have done it ,its easy and can fix all of them if needed.

On 1/6/2024 at 4:35 AM, CHESTNUTXE said:

yup i had same problem,listen to obi wan you must,undo the striker wd40 the shit out of it,manualy use a screwdriver to strike it back and forwards a few times then spray more wd40 ,it wont be the door handle,but like dean said its the 15cm metal rod that needs flattening out or bending to take up the slack ,common problem is handle is pulled up and door wont open cause the rod needs that little bit extra pull to enguage the hook in the striker ,make sure child safety lock is off too,mine now works 100% from not working at all,15min job,once you have done it ,its easy and can fix all of them if needed.

ok, so I got the handle sorted, it now opens like a brand new door , but not fixed in the way you suggested.

the metal rod was slightly bent, so I slightly unbent it, and it made no difference, inside handle worked perfectly still, outside handle no go, I tried to make it as straight as i could, and it still didn't help.

So i googled something like 'falcon door mech adjustment' or similar, and a video popped up with a guy showing the same issue, he took the latch mech off and bodged a  screw to be glued right next to the metal pin to make the pin 'bigger', so i gave this a go using knead it, and it worked, its perfect.

The passenger rear door was similar , as in awkward to open, but if you were gentle, it always opened, so i did the same thing on it just to see if it wasn't a fluke figuring that its only Knead it so as strong as it is, you can always knock it off if its a fail so nothing to lose, and it worked, with almost no effort, both rear doors are opening perfectly.

Might be worth a try if anyones having door opening issues.

happy days.