Gold XR

Sill panel replacement on XR.

I'm in need of some advice on replacing the sill panel on my XR.

Who makes the best quality sill panels for the falcons?

I've been considering Rare Spares, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Also, if you have any experience replacing sill panels, I'd love to hear your tips and tricks too.

1 hour ago, Gold XR said:

I'm in need of some advice on replacing the sill panel on my XR.

I can't remember where Graham has mentioned, but he sources different parts from different suppliers due to fitment/pressing quality. has probably mentioned it on his youtube channel i follow.

you could ask on his facebook message and he'd probably reply https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057648759819

or see if you can find the mention on his recent ish XY build if he's mentioned it on his youtube channel XACOUPEGUY https://www.youtube.com/@xacoupeguy he may also reply in comments of youtube. 

either that or see if anyone else pops up with a mention (usually who to avoid) if you can wait longer for a reply 

There is a handful of parts made by rare spares that are near correct, I can't say if those particular sills are one of them. Generally speaking they will be slightly thinner than the original steel and not as crisp in the folds. I've used quite a few RS panels and none have been spot on, some were downright atrocious.

One of the good names would be patch maker but I'm not sure if they do that particular section.

Bank on the inner sill being rotten too if the outside is rusted. Make sure the car is well supported on good jack stands before you start cutting, so the body doesn't sag when you take out the strength. Check the base of the windscreen (A pillar area, above the door hinges, under the guards ) to see there is any signs of rust from trapped water. I did an xy that had rotted a path from the windscreen down through the pillar and out the bottom of the sill due to poor water drainage. It took quite a bit of time and multiple sections to repair everything.