IVC434

Recommendations for rear view mirror glue please.

Hello again folks. I haven't been able to get much done on the XC for the last few years, but I noticed that the rear view mirror has come off the windscreen. 

This also happened a few times when my grandfather owned it. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best adhesive to reattach it to the windscreen again please? 

Also, any tips on preparation to minimise the risk of it falling off again. 

Thank you for any assistance. 

1 hour ago, IVC434 said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best adhesive to reattach it to the windscreen again please? 

@SPArKy_Dave has a preferred one,

i think the glass could do with a bit of sandpaper in that spot, like get a piece of 240 grit over your thumb and twist a couple of times after scraping the old glue off. same for the metal part..

i've had some take a chunk of glass out when being removed, they'd been stuck on so well. 

Mine kept falling off so I made a mount from aluminium plate. It is held by the two screws holding the centre visor clips and the mirror held to that by a 1/8" bolt through the mirror foot with a bit of rubber tube cushioning it off the screen. End of problem.

Eventually the super glue just won't hold it any longer.

Don't skimp on the cost, buy the Loctite product called literally "Rear view mirror glue" or whatever, It works every time.... Scrape the glass clean, use the primer in the pack, and clean the Ford plate thingy, put your sunvisors down and make sure they don't hit (make it central in other words).  Place the metal plate on the inside of the windscreen, get a mate/wife/girlfriend to mark the outside of the windscreen with a texta or marker. Prime both surfaces, dab on the glue, stick on, Robert's ya Fathers brother. 

Don't heaps of these over the years, never fall off.