jamie247

EF XR6 3.45 diff

Hi lads , got an EF XR6 3.45 and driveshaft, what needs doing to fit to xe, trailing arm bush to e series diff end, everything thing else should bolt in i was told, what can be done with handbrake as the whole brake system/calipers is way different to x series 

30 minutes ago, jamie247 said:

Hi lads , got an EF XR6 3.45 and driveshaft, what needs doing to fit to xe, trailing arm bush to e series diff end, everything thing else should bolt in i was told, what can be done with handbrake as the whole brake system/calipers is way different to x series 

if you can run the brake lines on the XE to how they are on the EF that's one way, or you can do them on the diff similar to the XE XF way also seen it done both ways, (no pics handy) and the EF lines on the XE looked easier

handbrake you'd be best getting a new one custom made, back in the day (20yrs ago) i was quotes $120 from ABS brakes to make one, these days you'd be surely double that if anyone has the brains to do it.

you can cut and join the cable with cable clamps and make a hybrid of the 2 in the short term and prove it works before getting the cable made up also. 

tailshaft will fit if it's a sedan XE and Sedan (not fairlane/LTD) EF (would be if XR6 sedan, not if wagon )

16 hours ago, deankxf said:

if you can run the brake lines on the XE to how they are on the EF that's one way, or you can do them on the diff similar to the XE XF way also seen it done both ways, (no pics handy) and the EF lines on the XE looked easier

handbrake you'd be best getting a new one custom made, back in the day (20yrs ago) i was quotes $120 from ABS brakes to make one, these days you'd be surely double that if anyone has the brains to do it.

you can cut and join the cable with cable clamps and make a hybrid of the 2 in the short term and prove it works before getting the cable made up also. 

tailshaft will fit if it's a sedan XE and Sedan (not fairlane/LTD) EF (would be if XR6 sedan, not if wagon )

Was thinking getting new brake lines made up and just attach front xe cable to ef cable hopefully it'll be all good 

21 hours ago, deankxf said:

Driveshaft is xr6 sedan EF 

4 hours ago, jamie247 said:

Was thinking getting new brake lines made up and just attach front xe cable to ef cable hopefully it'll be all good 

the handbrakes only differ due to the EF having the hand brake mounted next to the console from memory. 

the only one i remember seeing the person cut the cables about where the back of the fronts seats would be and joined there with cable joiners. you'll soon see what's needed once you mount it up as much as you can

21 hours ago, deankxf said:

the handbrakes only differ due to the EF having the hand brake mounted next to the console from memory. 

the only one i remember seeing the person cut the cables about where the back of the fronts seats would be and joined there with cable joiners. you'll soon see what's needed once you mount it up as much as you can

Yep considering the amount of modded cars i think a handbrake cable is the least hurdle to combat lol

ive also heard use a AU watts link arms as it bolts more to the centre of the diff cover of coarse you need the diff cover as well,anyone else no about this.

49 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

ive also heard use a AU watts link arms as it bolts more to the centre of the diff cover of coarse you need the diff cover as well,anyone else no about this.

i think the mounting point for watts link is lower on the AU diff, which better suits the XE XF watts link when you lower the car. 

(don't think the arms themselves are swapped)

42 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Yes something like that I read somewhere,maybe I will try that when I do springs on my car.also what if the ef has the balancer on the shaft ?

pretty sure i've used them as is. i didn't notice any difference but panko said it was better with it in his XF