I have an 6 cyl XC with column auto that I am in the process of converting to V8. I am using an FMX trans. How do I set up the neutral safety switch, as the FMX would normally have it in the T-bar shifter? Is there one already in the column shift for the Borg Warner trans?

No, you're right. Not much info around for these old, heavy slushboxes. Pretty sure it's on the passenger side, up high, when laying on the floor. Of course, anything 50 years old may have had work done, linkages changed, etc... I;ll see if I can find a photo of mine before I stuck it in the Nugget, but, it had been overhauled years before and was in good nick, so didn't give it much attention. Stick chirps the wheels in shifting into second, Love it.!! 

Reckon this one looks like mine. The switch is in here.....

FMX 001

I know earlier models (1971-1973 Mustangs) run one under the shifter. Like a blue plastic 'half moon' thingy..... Dont know about the F100 's ??

2 hours ago, bear351c said:

Reckon this one looks like mine. The switch is in here.....

FMX 001

I know earlier models (1971-1973 Mustangs) run one under the shifter. Like a blue plastic 'half moon' thingy..... Dont know about the F100 's ??

Yes that's the most common FMX switch 

I think was some XA had switch on shifter 

Yeah, I have worked out that I need the bracket to hold the switch. My FMX came from a Mustang so it would have had the neutral switch on the shifter. It is the same switch as the one on the BW35. I reckon I can fabricate something rather than pay $300 for a bracket. Thanx everyone!

Sent from my DUB-LX2 using Tapatalk