WyldeXE

Flex Plate Q'

Hey Guys,

I'm sure someone out there knows the answer to this one.  I need to source a flex plate suitable for a C4 to back the clevo build.  Can anyone tell me please, if the standard is the 164 or 157 tooth count?

Thank you in advance!

Pete

Hi WyldeXE,

In the absence of other comments, I'm going to go out on a limb here, just to try and attract some attention to your question. I think we all want to see this XE on the road with a thumping Clevo under the bonnet.

I'm no expert on this, but I think you need to get a flex plate that suits the size of the bell housing attached to the C4. I believe there are differences in the bellhousing (Windsor to Cleveland) to accommodate different diameter converters. Also check the balance required and the PCD of the holes drilled to suit the 3000 converter you intend to run. 11.4" PCD attaches to a 164 tooth flex plate, 10.5" to a 157 tooth.

Perhaps if you post some more information, another Forum member will respond with the exact info you need. There's plenty of interest in your build, so maybe ask a Moderator to shift this post into your project thread.

As far as I know, the 164 is larger diameter flexplate. If you fit the 157 tooth the starter wont touch it... 

Not 100% on that, Reckon I got a 164 on my FMX/351c.  Imagine the bellhousing may be a different size to accomodate the larger flexplate...... ?  🤔

Hey all, thanks for the responses.  Actually did some research into this, but have been a tad tied up with kids and family stuff over the xmas break to update.

What I found is, that yes indeed the bellhousings are different.  If you are looking at the bellhousing from the flex plate's perspective, there is a sort of triangle casting that protrudes on the top left hand side.  The larger triangle is for the 157 tooth, smaller for the 164 (came across this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN836E79rP8)

My flex plate is of the 164 tooth variety, so will just need to keep that in mind when inspecting C4's.  Not alot around at the moment that is for sure!

std is 164 on from xa to xe,whether 302 or 351c,fmx and c4 late is the same,only earlier c4 s like xy with 302w will be 157 and a case fill box,yes check your converter bolt pattern to make sure you get the correct one,you can still use a older case fill c4 in a xe ,just need a few mods to make it work,but std flexplate in a v8 xe is 164.