Sign in to follow this  
motoSycho

XH door windows into XF?

1 hour ago, motoSycho said:

So, do XH door windows fit into an XF? Mine are a bit crap, but the XH parts vans are pretty decent looking.

yep, push out the centre part of the plastic bit holding it to the window lifting rail (i use a phillips screw driver and whack the end of the handle with palm of hand and then look for the center part behind the reinforcing bar of the door.. 1 in 10 go missing in my experience) 

then the outer part of that clip you push from the other side while holding the glass in the opening or it will just drop into the door hole and scratch on the way down. 

tilt the glass on a 45 degree down in the front and it will just come out. 
reversal for refit but you push the center of the clip in from the door trim side with the HANDLE of the screw driver and it will give a THUNK as it clips in. (assuming you got the outer clip in the right spot in the glass hole. 

good opportunity to slide the baily channel up into the door frame better also.

you'll need the window wound about half way down to access those clips. 

1 hour ago, motoSycho said:

Thanks man, that's excellent news.

not sure if it's too late yet, but if you feel like doing a basic tutorial it may help others in the future? it's likely in the gregorys book though. 

9 hours ago, deankdx said:

not sure if it's too late yet, but if you feel like doing a basic tutorial it may help others in the future? it's likely in the gregorys book though. 

My manual got soaked in all the rain when we lost a corner of the shed. I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet.

But I can film the process when I do it. I have a few week off over Christmas when I will tackle it, and swapping the diffs.

5 hours ago, motoSycho said:

and swapping the diffs.

what part of the brake hoses are you planning on keeping?

the XH will be metric thread and the XF imperial on the brake line nuts . try to decide early and you can have the parts ready to go. 

there's an adapter available for the XF hard line to XG(i assume XH same?) flexi hose to T piece on the diff.  i haven't used that, i had the brake lines on the diff remade or modified to have XF nuts put back on the ends that go into the t piece. .if you had brake flaring skill you could change the nut on the hard line in the tunnel even but i've just taken a hand full of bits into a brake joint and said make this fit that..