Fknclevo

Cam rpm operating range

Hey fellas brought this cam, part number: cc-32-224-4

has 224/224 duration and .519 lift with 110 lsa 

on summit the  try say the rpm range is 1800-5800 does to us mean I won’t be able to rev it past 5800? without valve float or is it just were it makes peak power ?

means power will start declining around 5800, some tapper down, others fall off faster, so possibly peak HP around 5600ish

Valve float is more dependant on valve train & valve springs, my 302C when I first built it made power cleanly to 6000-6200 but after a while the valve springs went softer & if you didn't shift at 5500 lost like 20hp+ by 5700

If you haven't bought performance gear for the valve train, don't rev it past 5,000. You'll regret it.

Exhaust valves with pop the heads off, and you'll bend pushrods.  Clevos were a truck engine, meant for torque, not horsepower. 

1 hour ago, bear351c said:

If you haven't bought performance gear for the valve train, don't rev it past 5,000. You'll regret it.

Exhaust valves with pop the heads off, and you'll bend pushrods.  Clevos were a truck engine, meant for torque, not horsepower. 

I have upgraded all my valve train, yella terra roller rockers, performance valve springs 1.520 chev/ford, push rods, hydraulic ft lifters, arp bolts etc etc just wondering what the cams limits were 

25 minutes ago, bear351c said:

Cool. Should be good to go. Wasn't too sure what stage you were at. I've used Comp cams stuff without issue, got an XE274H in my Clevo at the moment, great idle noises..

Yeh I wanted to go a big roller but still got to go over pits so we’ll upgrade later should be a good cruiser for now anyway but