Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Mark Davidson

air filter with BBM in XG

This is how I did mine in an XF. Pod filter inside :

IMG_1026.jpg

I had trouble fitting anything in the miserable space available. I wanted air entry at the front and exit at the back. The EF one seemed too large although with creative (savage!) trimming I suppose it could be done. I reckon I tried filter boxes from about five different cars to no avail. Initially I wanted a factory look but I couldn't find anything suitable - my patience ran out so I cobbled up something....

The bellows just after the filter box is from a Commonwhore! LOL! The rest is fabbed from off the shelf mandrel bends from my friends at Best Mufflers.com. Good on-line exhaust place - recommended!

ef wont fit unless its hacked big time au kind of dose but  the air-box its self hits everywhere
and thanks i like both ideas, and will study them further
gav what have you done with your expansion tank?

after talking with my ally fabricator he recons i should go a shaker straight up instead of trying to make it look standard for pits then make one

Ahh..expansion tank...

Aug21EngineBay3.jpg

Aug21EngineBay1.jpg

Custom holder powder coated black. Doubles as a relay block holder for all those pesky OHC related electrical relays. Its physically higher than the cylinder head so the cylinder head fills correctly with water. A positive battery termination from the starter relay is also mounted to the holder so all the positive electrical terminations that were at the front of the car can still be made. Battery is in the boot.