Sign in to follow this  
judgetread

Disc markings due to ????

Ok, so firstly  I was changing wheels and noticed a bight purple circular marking on one of my rear disc's. You can just see it in the pic below but in real life it was bight purple

IMG_20160308_1640501_zpsxq27nsjm.jpg

Ok, so Id just come back from willowbank and thought, maybe the burnouts where a tad to big and heated the disc so I replaced both sides discs and pads. After following the run in procedure and driving about 40k the discs have started to do the exact same thing again!

Its hard too see but its marking then in pretty much the same spot as before. looks slightly rusty as car hasnt been driven in a week or two. the inner part of the disc barely looks like its been touched.

IMG_20160329_1504392_zpszfdetfvf.jpg

Also after a drive this one wheel/rim is hotter than the other rims, so I guess is dragging a bit. Also there is a weird clicking noise from that side when you take your foot off the brake pedal?

Anyone have any ideas on where or what I should look into next?

calipers havent been, was bit tight betting it on tbh. Pins and free.

Was a bitch to get the piston back, made a tool to push and turn. Thinking its time for a rebuild, guess it cant hurt, except my wallet :)

XF? The handbrakes always seize, shit calipers. Half the ones I buy for parts I have to knock the levers on the caliper back around before they move. The pistons seize in the bores too. Just like EA-ED. I still have a box of spares after having to buy one from a wrecker on a public holiday for stupid money.

Anyway I'd rebuild the calipers.

well no news yet except piston and handbrake move freely. May have been the rubber around the piston was stick behind the inside pad and pushing everything out of wack, so will be getting a rebuild done this week to be sure as the rubbers rooted anyways. Also have replacement plate the caliper bolts to just in case its bent.

So while nothing was found to be the exact problem, just going to try throw new everything at it I can.

Also  while I was there pulled the axle for a spline and bearing check and all's good there.