xwroo

deep dish wheels

Hi, I'm looking at getting some centreline retro wheels with 15x10 5" backspace rears, now I want to get deep dish on the rear. Getting deep dish how does that affect the backspace, do you get a lesser backspace for more dish?

Cheers

Yep, sure do. You're effectively moving the centre inward or outward inside the rim. 10" with 5" backspace will give you 5" dish. Usually 1/2 and 1/2 like that with 5 at the front and 5 at the back is what most guys have on the rear of Fords. Seems to be a perfect fit.

Yep, sure do. You're effectively moving the centre inward or outward inside the rim. 10" with 5" backspace will give you 5" dish. Usually 1/2 and 1/2 like that with 5 at the front and 5 at the back is what most guys have on the rear of Fords. Seems to be a perfect fit.

So your saying with a 5" backspace I'll have a 2.5" dish?

Nah, sorry to confuse. A 10" rim with 5" backspace will have 5" dish. 1/2 the rim exposed at the back and 1/2 at the front, so it's central. If it has 4 1/2" backspace it will have 5 1/2" dish. If it has 4" backspace it will have 6" dish and so on.

Nah, sorry to confuse. A 10" rim with 5" backspace will have 5" dish. 1/2 the rim exposed at the back and 1/2 at the front, so it's central. If it has 4 1/2" backspace it will have 5 1/2" dish. If it has 4" backspace it will have 6" dish and so on.

Ok thanks I'm following now.

Oh ok. You may be able to go with less backspacing than 5" then, giving a deeper dish. A standard XD with a standard width XD diff will run a

0 offset wheel (5" backspace with a 10" wheel.) You'd have to check if yours IS 0 offset or not.