wagoon

Clutch cable fork/clutch damper bush....

I have found several names for this part but here is a link for what it looks like

http://dellowconversions.com.au/product/ford-falcon-cable-clutch-fork-arm-insulator-hook-2/

I have rang Ford and the genuine part is obsolete but they said their is an aftermarket part for $165, and he basically described the dellow part. I have rang the local parts stores with no luck and even at a stretch the local wreckers they dont have any manual falcon.

So has anyone bought one of these things lately from somewhere other than dellows or ford? And how much did you pay? There is one on ebay but again it looks like the dellow on and its the same price $95.

for that kind of money i'd be making my own..

i cant see why it would need to be rubber insulated, the early ones weren't, they just  fitted a slot in the fork..

you might be able to buy a whole fork with it fitted cheaper even.. if they are still made(the bush hook thingy has tabs retaining it to the fork, so might not be removable in ford spare parts eyes, but they can be removed)

The only way to get the rubber ones is to either find one at a wreckers or find someone that has a new one sitting around. Even rang the local clutch place which is pretty well known and they don't have anything, even he was surprised at what Ford was charging.

So the only real option is to try and find one somewhere and hope that it doesn't have a damaged fork or by the Dellow one. Considering if I have to find a used one first then get something machined to suit the arm, it will probably take that long that it will be holding up me starting/running my car. Plus it will probably still cost me at least $40-50 for a modified one(as no doubt wreckers know how much a new one costs so they will want big money for shit) once I get something machined to replace the rubber I might just by the dellow one and be done with it.

Yeah for the time and cost of finding a decent used one then modifiying it I think the cost of the dellow one is justified. Although paying $165 for one through Ford isnt justified, that is a massive mark up but guess thats what their all about these days.

Bought the part from Dellow through ebay this morning before I left for work and just had confirmation its on its way already so will see it early next week.