Sign in to follow this  
blu xe

Kids Seats in bench seat utes

I'd assume it can be done but doubt there would be any factory mounting points. Looking at an xg ute to play with but need to know if you are allowed to even put a kids car seat into a 3 seater ute in Qld.

http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Driver-guide/Child-restraints/Frequently-asked-questions.aspx

If the car has 1 row of seats only (for example, a single cab ute):

• a child of any age can sit in the front seat if the vehicle has only one row of seats and they are properly restrained. If the vehicle has a passenger airbag fitted, a rearward facing child restraint should not be used if the restraint is positioned close to the airbag.

if you have to drill and add in the child seat bolt , i think you have to get it engineer certified , not 100% on this, what i have been told if there is no pre existing child seat bolt this needs to be done ? , some one else might be able to clear this up , would be good to know .

Yeah I know that if an anchor point must be fitted it needs to be mod plated. Had to put two in my Navara cause they didn't have any and they needed to be  blue plated. Just wasn't sure bout the legalities in regards to single cab utes.

Not sure about the ute but when I had a Xf panelvan there is a dimple in the top of the internal wheel arch (wheel tub) that I had to drill out and install the anchor point there and the baby capsule could only be installed in the passenger seat and I believe this is a ford factory anchor point for the panelvan maybe there is something in the little parcel shelf like this

Cortina for life