Hi I need to replace the smart lock module in my ed falcon, I have a second hand one here but what do I need to do once installed? do I need to program and if so does anyone know what the procedure is ? Thanks.

Sorry mate, the smart lock , key transponder and barrel are all matched.

If you have no interior light working or low battery voltage that will stop ya smartlock.

Otherwise contact gallapogos on here for a j3 chip , plugs into ECU and can bypass smartlock if you ask for that option.

Jack.

I have heard that you can plug the new module in. Turn the key to on and leave it for an hour. The new module supposedly learns the car.

You'd want to double check that though, I'm not sure if what I said above is correct.

Rev is right. you can replace the BCM/Smart Lock module as many times as you want, it doesnt matter but you MUST replace with the same colour. That is the most important part. Red will only work on red cars, green grey blue etc will not. There are times when you will need a different colour but thats a whole lot of different kettle of fish. You will need to install the new box and leave the car on for 61 minutes. Very important, 61 minutes on the 'ON' position. It will program itself, then after 61 mins, you can start the car. BCMs shit themselves left right and centre lately, owing to the fact these cars are getting on in the years. You will only need a J3 chip if you want to bypass the Smartlock, ie ed motor into xf and the like. Sorry Jack.