scottly

turbo fuel system build for a dohc Barra into a ford Xd

Hey guys,

I've been looking into my Xd fairmont ghias fuel system, the engine as a fg dohc barra turbo, that will be flash tuned to run on e85.

My problem is I want to run a complete aftermarket fuel system fuel cell, surge tank, fuel pumps, hard line ect full in boot set up but there isn't a full kit or a diagram of exactly what needs to be bought to do this . Any guidance would be great the power I'm aiming for is 340rwkw realisticly but hopefully 400 rwkw any pics or links would be great I have contacted aeroflow but still waiting for them to reply thanks scott

I'm doing the same thing but running a carb, the only difference is where I'm running the A1000 carb reg you'd be running the EFI reg

It's not cheap, I can tell you that much! I don't do things half arsed so all my hoses are braid with PTFE inners, I'm running -8 AN to the front and -8 AN for the return, A1000 pump, A1000 Reg, Aeromotive fuel pump controller and two Aeromotive 40 micron stainless steel filters, stainless steel Aeroquip fittings, Alloy fuel cell with Holley black lift pump to an eBay surge tank (4x -8AN nipples), when all is said and done you're looking at 2k but this fuel systems allows me to go to EFI with just a regulator change, as well as cater for over 1400HP on E85. I also run a fuel cooler on the return line just in case, just a Russel tube with fins cooler, works well.

I've run E85 without the PTFE lines and it destroyed a carb with black gum because I "just want to drive the thing and people said to trust hoses from SpeedFlow", in your case you'd have to look at injectors and fuel rail too.

Good luck and as always, anything performance related you'll have to for out 1k! if you work on that you'll be sweet! 1k for fuel system 1k for fuel tank

Cheaper when you buy 2meter roll of -8 PTFE braid, I use it for my oil as well, i have an accusump in the boot and a oil cooler at the front with an Earls oil thermo, all those fittings.

Aeroflow /Proflow ... ummm no, don't go there! if you want to keep the car then use Aeroquip stainless steel fittings, they are actually made by EATON and are tough as fuck also if you open an aeroflow fuel filter you will have a nice surprise, they really cut corners there with the surface area, I found the Aeromotive are awesome with very little drop across them, maybe 1psi and they will not melt with E85 but not cheap too, about $130 US each

If you don't use Aeromotive make sure the seals etc. are nitrile or viton or else it will leak. Basically Nitrile, Viton and PTFE/Teflon with stainless steel or steel fittings are your friend