xwagon

Rough cost to paint a car

well the cold weather has hit new zealand,  think i may need to farm out the painting of my xw wagon project, so if there are any car painters out there that could give me some idea as to want a paint shop may charge to paint my car.  would be all ready to spray with all panels off the car and on rolling stands,  i have the paint that i would like to have sprayed. is just a 2k solid colour, so two coats should do it.

looking for some idea so when i go see a shop i have a fair price in my head.   all they have to do is wheel it in and spray.

I spent $10k Including top shelf materials and my mate who has his own paint shop did the job with me helping him for 5 days all up just sanding etc ,  with mates rates took 200hrs all up in labour bare metal respray, but if I went with other quotes I'd have no change from $18k including materials, I was lucky to get outta it for $10k and it turned out mint but on average most paint jobs you can easily spend $15k on average.

one thing I found getting quotes from shops, they wanted the job from start to finish panel work, priming, repairs etc they wouldn't give any guarantee or warranty as they don't know what's been done under the primer etc , as I had a few panels already done on my car so even when my mate sprayed it all the work I did came off and it was redone again by him, Most shops and painters like piece of mind its done RIGHT. you may find somewhere that is willing to just paint it but they may say any issues if they arise we will be waived of all responsibility just get quotes and do your homework mate. hope this helps

I was quoted $15k for full colour change inc engine bay. I had to take the engine out and they did the rest. No dint or anything as the car is straight as .

It's still yellow and staying that way. I bought the car sight unseen and it ended up having a awesome paint job already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....one thing I found getting quotes from shops, they wanted the job from start to finish panel work, priming, repairs etc they wouldn't give any guarantee or warranty as they don't know what's been done under the primer etc ,

This. ^ ^ ^

hey i agree with everthing said by all those above, this car is by far not my best so will just get  a  cheaper job, in saying that it will be straight, am a little while from the paint stage, so will go see a young guy down the road and see what he can do for c ash. 

hey thanks bear, yeah got a few xw's, not sure if it would have got crushed, but i am pretty sure that the body would not have made it back on the road if i did not buy it, not sure if you have seen the amount of rust it had in it? the outside body was rusty, but nothing on the amount of cunty bits under the back, what i have done is far from a prefect panel job but like you said atleast its going back on the road, keep an eye on my build thread as there will be some interesting things happening very soon.