Sno

C4 into an XM

Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can fit a C4 in an XM without having to make major changes to the firewall/trans tunnel? If not what other auto would work behind a mild Windsor?

Cheers

I helped remove a c4 and 302 w out f an Xm then we replaced it with a c9 and 351w. Fitted easy but the trans crossmember was already modded.

Pan fill c4 (c10) probably won't work due to the rounder front. Stay 157 tooth fly and you won't have a problem.

From memory xm xp have the same floor pan, you might have to massage the tunnel sightly, my xp sedan fitted spot on and get a new crossmember form Castlemaine Rod Shop here is a link http://www.rodshop.com.au/index.php/ford/xk-xl-xm-xp/xm-xp-falcon-gear-box-cross-member-suit-various-transmissions.html

That was the cross member we used to when we fitted a 4 speed single rail to my sister's XP ute, bolted up per factory

and was/is still perfect.  :)

Thanks guys. Hoping to have my XD sold this weekend so I have the last few $$ needed to go pick up the XM Futura Hardtop Ive put a deposit on. Will be a loooooong term project but Im cruising around building ideas for how I want her to turn out.