Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

tuning with o2 gauge

Drove down to a local car show yesterday and the car went pretty well. With the car the way it is now with the pink cam i have no flat spot when flooring it and it now has a rich spike for a split second. The wot is now high 11 but it has developed a lean surge at constant speed under very light throttle just off idle. Its not a real big issue as i'm rarely at that throttle position and it richens up either side of it.

This is where a float adjustment will cover that hole in the fuel curve. As it is, the mains aren't delivering soon enough after you come off transfer. This will be more prevalent on a big-carby/small engine combo such as yours.

I'd bump the float up on the primary by 1/4-1/2 a turn (anti-clockwise) and see how it goes.

Spot on Gerg.  light acceleration just off idle is in the transfer from idle to main and as long as you have not got the throttle blades cracked past the transfer slots (too far open at idle) I reckon you will get that cruise enrichment right. 

Time to give it another 2 degrees of timing to trim that AFR at WOT and you better hold on.