xfish

car cover for XF

Repco has their own brand car covers that come in medium, large or xtra large

and has the size on the side of the box. Measure your car from front to back

then check em out. At least worth a look....

They have a 3 year or might be 4 year warranty (i forget now)

are water proof to a degree, and have a soft inside lining to stop scratching paint.

And this weekend there is 25% off if you present your nrma card (in NSW, I guess its right across oz?)

Dont have nrma?

borrow your mates card they need to scan the bar code on the back is all. 

When I stored me car outside I went and bought 2 cheap queens side bed sheets, the soft material stuff. Then I went and brought a good thick tarp from supercheap i think. The tarp had tie down lugs in all coners and a couple down each side. All up it costs about the same as a good car cover but offers better protection due to the thick tarp.

Wash the sheets with fabric softner to make then nice and fluffy. Through the sheets on the car so the cover all the flat surfaces then place the tarp on top. I ran rope under the car from one side to the other through the tie down lugs to secure the sides. I tied the ends off where I could and I also folded the corners of the tarp so they would flap or hold water. I did this in a queensland summer when we get storms and the tarp never moved and the sheets stayed dry. The tarp was on the car for about 8 months and every 6-8 weeks I would remove the tarp to let the car breath. And as an added bonus at the end you will have a tarp to use afterwards.

I've got one of the Repco ones Steve is talking about, fit's pretty easily over my XD (medium I think, it lists the cars it'll cover easily on the back). It's pretty thick too, and has a strap that goes under the middle. No complaints so far.