mcfly94

Rear shocks for XF, best for bumps.

Hey guys after some recommendations on shocks, no i dont want to go see my local pedders, as there a bunch of hill billlys, long story short dont take your car to pedders salisbury.

Im running ultras in the rear will always be running r16 with either 50 or 60 series, megatowers due to go in, and currently running shortened ultima shocks, these shocks have a harsh rebound rate, and i feel all of the bumps and its a really stiff and hard ride. I want a good shock for everyday adelaide shocking roads (crap cracks, dips, eneven etc..) that will soak up the average bumps without the thud, anyone got a good recommendation? at the same time i dont want the thing to float and sway, in the middle. Help will be much appreciated as always! :)

I'd like to know what's good and what's not in rear shocks too. Problem is everybody has a favourite and nearly nobody can agree on one. I have heard ultima themselves are pretty good for the price. My cars got what's probably the original Monroe's in it and it still rides nice, and the roads around here are absolute shite to the max. Lot of people recommend Bilstiens as being great but unless you can get them on the cheap somewhere you could nearly buy another car for the ones I've seen. I wanted to put pump ups in the rear of mine as it's sagging a little but I can only find them in Monroe brand and they're not cheap. The Monroes you've linked to seem well priced and with the 3 year warranty I can't see how you'd go wrong. Funny you mention your local *******, I wouldn't take a billy cart to my local one either.

Boge are the best shocks on the market IMO, lifetime guarantee, only 150 a set, i had a short set in my silver ZL after buying countless sets of Monroes and never looked back, theyre very solidly constructed and can handle a fair bit, i used to do a bit of tar drifting and travelled alot of dirt roads at speed(im alot nicer to my ZL's these days) and ive still got those shocks and will put them back when i decide to go low again. i also put a standard height set on the XE i sold and had a stantard height set in my xd, all sedans. best shocks if found and they wont cost you an arm and a leg.

Boge are the best shocks on the market IMO, lifetime guarantee, only 150 a set, i had a short set in my silver ZL after buying countless sets of Monroes and never looked back, theyre very solidly constructed and can handle a fair bit, i used to do a bit of tar drifting and travelled alot of dirt roads at speed(im alot nicer to my ZL's these days) and ive still got those shocks and will put them back when i decide to go low again. i also put a standard height set on the XE i sold and had a stantard height set in my xd, all sedans. best shocks if found and they wont cost you an arm and a leg.

decided im going to go with boge turbo's, 28-a16-a for front and 28-a12-a for rear, just need to find a supplier and some cash!